The Benefits of Dr Vodder's Manual Lymphatic Drainage Therapy
Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) or combined decongestive therapy CDT) can treat conditions which include:
- Primary and Secondary Lymphoedema.
- It may assist in improving chronic conditions which include; sinusitis, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, and acne.
- May be used for pre and post surgery to aid healing.
- Promotes the healing of wounds and burns and can improve the appearance and texture of old scars.
- An aid to the healing of leg ulcers.
- A key element in the treatment of venous oedema.
- Down's syndrome.
- Traumatic Oedema.
- Alleviates fluid congestion such as tired puffy eyes and fluid retention due to pre-menstrual syndrome.
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy - Sudeck atrophy (post traumatic osteoporosis).
- Migraines and frozen shoulders.
- Skin conditions, facial acne and rosaca
- Relieves fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy.
- Stress reduction.
- Can be intensely relaxing.
- May strengthen the immune system as part of "detox" treatment.
- Can be used to speed healing after cosmetic surgery.
The Four Cornerstones of Treatment
The Treatment Plan
- Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD)
- Skin Care
- Exercise and movement
For more information about Manual Lymphatic Drainage and the treatments available please contact us by email or phone on 07939 12 11 89 or complete our Contact Form.
- Initial Consultation - 1 hour (Consisting of medical and lymphoedema history, if necessary contacting your General Practitioner /Consultant for confirmation of referral).
- Course of treatment designed to suit your particular condition.
- Hosiery if required.